Monday 2 March 2009

EMRA Round 1

Well the season has started, and it couldn't have gone any better.

Qualifing
I was going really well and the bike felt amazing, seemed to be flying. The sun was out and was quite warm for early march.
I came in feeling very satisfied with my perfomance.
After checking the time sheets for qualifing, i was 4th on the grid! Thats my best qualifing position so far.

Race 1
Race 1 started well and had kept my 4th place position for over half the race, but was having trouble selecting 1st gear coming into the hairpin, which lost me 4th place about 6 laps into the race, and was unable to catch him back up.
I was still happy with the 5th place finish, especially for the first race of the season.

Race 2
I got a good start in race 2 and went into the first corner in 5th place, where i started from. After battling hard i managed to start catching up and overtaking some of the people in front.
By about lap 8 i was hot on the tail of 2nd place, but i didn't have much time left to make my move, but i managed to get past him and stay in front past the chequered flag, coming in 2nd place! Thats my best ever result and i am very happy with that result.

Novice Race
This was help up for quite a while due to an accident in the warm up lap, both guys involved were taken away in ambulances, so i hope they are ok now.
Once the track was clear and the 2 guys were being treated, the race was given the go ahead.
I got a good start giving me a clear run for most of the race.
I came 1st in my class, which really topped the day off quite nicely.

So overall a really good day was had!

Just like to say a big thank you to all involved and to the sponsors, and especially my mum & dad.










No comments: